On May 21, Caltrans re-opened U.S. Highway 50 at Echo Summit, several days ahead of schedule. The road had been fully closed since May 11 to replace the old rock wall barrier with a modern barrier that meets current safety standards and preserves the natural beauty. Caltrans crews will remain on-site at Echo Summit for the next 4 to 6 weeks as the finishing work is completed. For the next 4 to 6 weeks, motorists are advised of the following:
1) One-way, alternating lane controlled traffic is in effect starting Monday, May 23 through Wednesday May 25 at 10:00 p.m..
2) U.S. Highway 50 will be completely open in both directions over Memorial Day weekend, beginning at 10:01p.m. on Wednesday, May 25 through 6:59 a.m. on Tuesday , May 31.
3) One-way, alternating lane controlled traffic will be in effect every Monday through Friday at 12:00pm for up to six weeks following the re-opening of Echo Summit.
4) The road will be open in both directions every weekend starting this weekend.
5) Motorists traveling through Echo Summit to South Lake Tahoe can expect up to a 20 minute delay with one-way, alternating lane controlled traffic in effect.
866-542-2912 Toll Free
530-542-2912 Local Contact Us
3599 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
276 Kingsbury Grade
PO Box 7199
Stateline, NV 89449
DEB HOWARD & CO.
At Deb Howard & Co., customer service isn't just something we do. It's everything we do. By tailoring our services just for you, we've elevated customer service to an unexpected level.